December 30, 2011

Watch this trailer. You will be moved.



I become really excited about the release of a film, when the trailer moves me almost to tears. Almost, because it is difficult for watering eyes to actually expel tears over the course of a 2-minute clip.

If the trailer is anything to go by, Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close is a movie to watch out for in 2012.

The film is an adaptation of the 2005 novel of the same name by Jonathan Safran Foer. The book's narrator is a nine-year-old boy, whose father died in the world Trade Centre on September 11. It traces his search for answers across New York City.

The film, starring Sandra Bullock, Tom Hanks and Thomas Horn, was intended for release in time for the tenth anniversary of 9/11. The worldwide release date of January 20, 2012, is a little late – but this film looks to be worth the wait.


4 comments:

  1. This one does interest me. I am not a fan of sad, heart-wrenching movie (nor Tom Hanks), but I do like Sandra Bullock, and everyone says she is grand.

    Happy 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very interested to see this, and the book is on my book club's reading list for 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is on my viewing list.....Sandra Bullock is a great actress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This trailer is so good and you're right, it moves me every time I see it.

    ReplyDelete